TATA Motors Limited henceforth referred as (‘TML’) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. The protection of your privacy in the processing of your personal data is an important concern to which we pay special attention in our business processes. We process personal data collected during visits to our websites according to the legal provisions valid for the countries in which the websites are maintained.
This privacy notice describes the information about you that TML collects through this website, how that information is used, maintained, shared, protected and how you can update it. It also applies to all personal data received by TML from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in any format, including electronic or paper. It is effective on the date posted below and applies to our use of your information post effective date.
1. Personal data that we collect
Personal data refers to data that lets TML know the specifics of who you are and which may be used to identify, contact or locate you (e.g. name, age, gender, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address). We collect your personal data when you provide us in scenarios such as in response to a survey, in case you register for events, when registering for personalised services, request information about product or use our services or request customer support. We may ask you to provide your personal data relevant for the scenarios such as your name, address, zip code, phone number, email address, IP Address, location data, information about your device, etc. Not all of the personal data TML holds about you, will always come directly from you. It may, for example, come from your employer or other organizations to which you belong. However, TML collects personal data about you when you interact with this site and/or utilize services offered on this site. For example:
- If you apply for a job or other staffing opportunity through this site, you will be asked to submit your resume and as well as other contact information such as your email address, phone number and mailing address. We will use this information to consider you for the job opening that you specify. We may also use this information to contact you regarding other staffing opportunities, both opportunities advertised on this site.
- We may use a third party service provider to assist us with some features of our site. Our service provider will receive your information on our behalf and will not be permitted to use it for any other purpose.
- We may also ask you for personal data in connection with other interactions you have with this website, including when you answer a survey and when you report a problem with this site or services offered on this site.
- We collect your personal data if you wish to do business with us in the form of dealership / distributorship (through dealer / distributor applications)
- We also collect personal data from third parties such as our partners, service providers, and publicly available websites, to offer services we think may be of interest and to help us maintain data accuracy, provide, and enhance the services.
TML websites may contain links to other websites. TML shall not be responsible for the privacy notices or the content of such websites even if:
- You accessed the third party website using links from our website; or
- You linked to our website from a third party website.
2. How we use your personal data
We can only use your personal data if we have a proper reason for doing so. We only use your data for one or more of these reasons:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you, or
- If we have a legal duty to use your data for a particular reason, or
- When we get your consent to use it, or
- When it is in our legitimate interests which are our business or commercial reasons for using your data, but even so, we will not unfairly put our legitimate interests above what is best for you.
The use of your information is subject to the privacy notice in effect at the time of our use. TML uses information provided to us for our general business use. This may include the following purposes:
- To respond to your requests;
- To provide services to you including customer services issues;
- To send communications to you about our or our affiliates’ current services, new services or promotions that we are developing, and opportunities that may be available to you;
- To alert you to new features or enhancements to our services
- To communicate with you about job or career opportunities about which you have inquired;
- To ensure that our site and our services function in an effective manner for you;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising and outreach.
- Marketing and events: We use personal information to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail, and online. If we send you a marketing email, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these emails in the future. We also maintain email preference centres for you to manage your information and marketing preferences. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important service information related to your accounts and subscriptions.
- Legal obligations: We may be required to use and retain personal information for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; loss prevention; or fraud. We may also use personal information to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- Under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence;
- To respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence;
We endeavour to collect only such information that is reasonably necessary to perform services for you or to respond to your inquiries. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide is accurate, complete and current.
3. When we share personal data
TML shares or discloses personal data when necessary to provide services or conduct our business operations. If TML intends to transfer your personal data outside, TML shall take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected and shall ensure that adequate safeguards are in place. We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
TML may, with your consent, disclose information about you to unaffiliated third-party customers of TML in connection with your application for staffing opportunities advertised on this site, or in connection with opportunities advertised on a website of one of our affiliates. For example-
- Within TML: Our businesses around the world are supported by a variety of TML teams and functions, and personal information will be made available to them if necessary for the provision of services, account administration, sales and marketing, customer and technical support, and business and product development. All of our employees and contractors are required to follow our data protection and security policies when handling personal data.
- Our business partners: We occasionally collaborate with other organizations to deliver co-branded Services, provide content, or to host events, conferences, and seminars. As part of these arrangements, you may be a customer of both TML and our partners, and our partners and we may collect and share information about you. TML will handle personal data in accordance with the privacy notice.
- Our third-party service providers: We collaborate with service providers around the world for any support needed. Personal data may be made available to these parties only when necessary to fulfil the services they provide to us, such as software, system, and platform support; direct marketing services; cloud hosting services; advertising; and order fulfilment and delivery. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal data we make available to them for any other purpose than to provide services to us.
- Third parties for legal reasons: We will share personal data when we believe it is required, such as:
- To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
- In the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
- To protect our rights, users, systems, and services.
4. Where we store and process personal data
TML as a global organization, we take steps to ensure that the information we collect is processed according to this privacy notice and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located. TML has networks, databases, servers, systems, support, and help desks located throughout our offices around the world. We collaborate with third parties such as cloud hosting services, suppliers, and technology support located around the world to serve the needs of our business, workforce, and customers. We take appropriate steps to ensure that personal data is processed, secured, and transferred according to applicable law.
TML will not sell or rent your personal data to anyone. In some cases such as to provide the product or service you have requested, we may need to disclose or transfer your personal data within TML or to third parties if required. When we transfer personal information to other countries in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data privacy protection as in your home country, we take measures to provide an appropriate level of data privacy protection. For example, we use approved contractual clauses, multiparty data transfer agreements, intragroup agreements, and other measures designed to ensure that the recipients of your personal information protect it.
5. How we secure personal data
TML uses appropriate technologies and procedures to protect your personal data. Our information security policies and procedures are closely aligned with widely accepted international standards and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements. For example,
- Policies and procedures: TML employs reasonable technological, physical and operational security procedures intended to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. Our security measures are periodically reviewed and updated in an effort to provide appropriate security for all the data collected about you.
- We place appropriate restrictions on access to your personal data.
- We implement appropriate security measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely
- We require privacy, information security, and other applicable training on a regular basis for our employees and contractors who have access to personal data
- We take steps to ensure that our employees and contractors operate in accordance with our information security policies and procedures and any applicable contractual conditions.
- We require, with contracts and security reviews, our third-party vendors and providers to protect any personal data with which they are entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures
7. Children under 13 years of age
We do not provide services directly to children or proactively collect their personal information. Parents or guardians may authorize children under 13 years old to use the TML site provided they assume all responsibility and legal liability for the conduct of such child including, without limitation, monitoring the child’s access and use of the TML site.
If TML learns that personal data of a person under 13 years old has been collected without verifiable parental consent, then TML may take the appropriate steps to delete such information. However, if you discover your child has submitted his/her data to TML, you may request to have such data deleted from TML’s database by sending an e-mail request. Upon receiving the request, TML shall ensure to delete such information from its database.
8. Your rights and your personal data
We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your personal information.
In such cases, we will need you to respond with proof of your identity before you can exercise these rights.
- The right to access information: At any point you can contact us to request the information we hold on you as well as why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we obtained the information from. Once we have received your request we will respond within one month. There are no fees or charges for the first request but additional requests for the same data may be subject to an administrative fee.
- The right to correct and update the information: If the data we hold on you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and your data will be updated.
- The right to have your information erased: If you feel that we should no longer be using your data or that we are illegally using your data, you can request that we erase the data we hold. When we receive your request we will confirm whether the data has been deleted or the reason why it cannot be deleted (for example because we need it for our legitimate interests or regulatory purpose(s).
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to request that we stop processing your data. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you and let you know if we are able to comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue to process your data. Even after you exercise your right to object, we may continue to hold your data to comply with your other rights or to bring or defend legal claims.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer some of your data to another controller. We will comply with your request, where it is feasible to do so, within one month of receiving your request.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time for any processing of data to which consent was sought. You can withdraw your consent easily by telephone, email, or by post (refer to consent withdrawal form).
- The right to object to the processing of personal data where applicable.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Representative.
9. How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. In determining data retention periods, TML takes into consideration local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our customers. When we no longer need personal information, we securely delete or destroy it.
10. Changes to Our Privacy notice
TML may update privacy notice from time to time. We encourage you to check our website frequently to see the current privacy notice so that you may stay informed of how TML is using and protecting your information. Whenever a change to this notice is significant, we will place a prominent notice on this website and provide an updated effective date.
11. Questions/Contact Information
If you have questions or comments regarding this privacy notice, please contact us, or at:
Effective Date: 28.09.18
PLEASE READ THIS LEGAL NOTICE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE. IT REGULATES YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND ALL MATERIAL WITHIN IT.
This website (excluding any sites that are linked to it) is managed by Tata Motors Ltd., a company that has its registered office at Bombay House. The Sales and Marketing Headquarters are located at Tata Motors Ltd., 4th floor, Ahura Centre, Mahakali Caves Rd, Shanti Nagar, Andheri East, Mumbai – 400093.
This website is designed only for persons located in India and all information regarding products, services and promotions are only applicable to India.
By accessing the website, you accept that you are bound by this legal notice. If you are not willing to abide by this legal notice, do not use this website. Other websites of Tata Motors Ltd may contain different terms and conditions and you should read those separately.
This website belongs to Tata Motors Ltd. and Tata Motors Ltd. may, in its sole discretion and at any time, modify or discontinue this website or specific portions of it.
Agreement to be Binding
To the extent that such is permitted by law, Tata Motors Ltd. including its affiliated companies, its managers and employees – hereby exclude all liability for any damage whatsoever, caused directly and/or indirectly in any way by and/or resulting from your use of the website including – but not limited to damages caused by and/or resulting in any way from:
– actions performed by you that could have been prompted by the information published on the website;
– the impossibility of using the website; and
– the fact that certain information on the website is incorrect, incomplete or not up to date.
The limitations mentioned in the preceding paragraph shall not apply if and insofar as the damage, death or personal or injury is the result of intentional acts or omissions or gross negligence by Tata Motors Ltd. including its affiliated companies and its managers.
Use of Site Materials
Tata Motors Ltd. owns the copyright for all of the material on the website or has a valid right from a third party to use material on the web site. Tata Motors Ltd. also owns or has a valid right to use all trademarks, service marks, and trade names used on this web site. No part of the website may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices on the materials. Any modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of Tata Motors Ltd.’s copyright and other proprietary rights. The use of any such material on any other website or computer network without Tata Motors Ltd.’s written consent is strictly prohibited. Your use of the trademarks, service marks and trade names on this website in any manner other than as authorized in these terms and conditions, or as authorized in writing by Tata Motors Ltd., is strictly prohibited.
If you download software from this website, the software and all files, images and data relating to the software will be licensed to you by Tata Motors Ltd.. You do not own the downloaded software, and Tata Motors Ltd. does not transfer ownership of the software to you. Tata Motors Ltd. retains full ownership of and title to the downloaded software and all intellectual property rights related to the software. You may not redistribute, sell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the software to a human-perceivable form.
Geographic Scope of Site
Tata Motors Ltd. controls and operates this website from India . Unless otherwise specified on or by this web site, this website is intended to promote only those Tata Motors Ltd. products that are sold by Tata Motors Ltd. in India and its territories, and Tata Motors Ltd. makes no representation that materials in this website or the products described thereby are appropriate or available for use in other locations. All visitors to this website are responsible for compliance with all Indian laws applicable to them with respect to the content and operation of this web site.
Links to Other Sites
For your convenience and enjoyment, this website may provide links to other web sites on the World Wide Web that are not operated by Tata Motors Ltd.. These links do not mean that Tata Motors Ltd. endorses, approves or sponsors any information available at the linked site or any products that may be sold there, nor is Tata Motors Ltd. liable for any damage that might result from your use of such information or products.
By submitting any information or materials to us you agree that we may use that information and materials as we wish, free of charge, and that our use will not infringe any other person’s rights.
In any parts of this website which contain information posted by other users of the website, we do not control the information posted or have any obligation to monitor such information and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for such information. We reserve the right to edit or remove any such information from this website without notice at any time at our complete discretion.
Personal details, such as your name and e-mail address, provided to us through this website will only be used in accordance with our privacy statement. Please read this carefully before providing any information to us.
Contents of the Website – Disclaimer
The materials in this website (including any graphics, software, recommendations or other materials) and any materials made available through this website are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Tata Motors Ltd. disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. Tata Motors Ltd. does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this website in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. The materials in this website could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. These materials could be inaccurate or become inaccurate as a result of developments occurring after their respective dates. Tata Motors Ltd. undertakes no obligation to verify or maintain the currency of such information.
Certain links in this website may link you to other sites on the worldwide web. The linked sites may not be under the control of Tata Motors Ltd. and Tata Motors Ltd. is in any event not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. Tata Motors Ltd. is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. Tata Motors Ltd. is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply a referral by Tata Motors Ltd. to, or an endorsement by Tata Motors Ltd. of, the linked site or any products or services which may be offered there.
Operation of the Website – Disclaimer
Tata Motors Ltd. endeavors to maintain this website and its operation, but is not, and cannot be, responsible for the results of any defects that may exist in the website or its operation. As to the operation of the web site, Tata Motors Ltd. expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to all implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. Tata Motors Ltd. makes no warranty that (i) the operation of the website will meet the user’s requirements; (ii) access to the website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, free of viruses, worms, trojan horses or other harmful components, or free of defects or errors; (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the website will be accurate or reliable; or (iv) defects will be corrected. You (and not Tata Motors Ltd.) assume the entire cost of all servicing, repair, or correction that may be necessary for your computer equipment and software as a result of any viruses, errors or any other problems whatsoever you may have as a result of visiting this web site.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances shall Tata Motors Ltd. be liable for any damages or injury, including any direct, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or other damages, that may result from the use of, or the inability to use, the website or any materials in this site, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the website or information available in the web site. Tata Motors Ltd. shall not be liable even if Tata Motors Ltd. or a Tata Motors Ltd. authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. These include but are not limited to damages or injury caused by error, omission, interruption, defect, failure of performance, delay in operation or transmission, line failure or computer virus, worm, trojan horse or other harmful component.
Limitations as to Paragraphs 10, 11 and 12
Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. However, in no event shall Tata Motors Ltd.’s total liability to you for damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence, or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this site.
Tata Motors Ltd. may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, and other transmissions on this web site. However, Tata Motors Ltd. is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such transmissions or for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, illegality or inaccuracy contained in any information transmitted to any such locations on this web site. You may not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Tata Motors Ltd. will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Tata Motors Ltd. to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials. Tata Motors Ltd. may also disclose such information if it has a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Tata Motors Ltd., its customers or the public.
Availability of Help
This website may provide a Help file or other instructions for the use of this site. However, you understand that Tata Motors Ltd. is under no obligation to provide any support for the use of the website.
Applicable Law, Jurisdiction
No Legal Effect
If you have a question or complaint about this website, please contact us at:
Tata Motors Ltd.
Tata Motors Ltd.
Ahura Centre, Mahakali Caves Rd, Shanti Nagar,
We reserve the right, without giving prior notice, to make changes and amendments in this legal notice in the future.